DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT AWARD FOR 1991 Presented by the Asian Institute of Management in cooperation with Japan Airlines and the World Executive's Digest.
The award for Development Management is for non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency or people's organization (PO) which has created considerable impact on its beneficiaries through innovative and effective management in a sustainable manner.
Republic of the Philippines
February 21, 1992
- I just want you to know how pleased I was to learn of the award "Most Outstading NGO for Asia" your Center received from Asian Management Association. It is well deserved, and all those involved with VICTO should be justly proud of it.
- Please convey to all your associates my warmest congratulations. I wish you, your associates and all of VICTO more, greater success in the year ahead.
(SGD.) HEHERSON T. ALVAREZ
Canadian Embassy Ambassade du Canada
February 19, 1992
- On behalf of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), I would like to congraulate VICTO for the distinction of receiving the Development Management Award for 1991 at the Second Annual Management Awards Program organized by the Asian Institute of Management and the World Executive Digest.
- This Award speaks well of the good work that your organization has done in promoting sustainable development in the countryside through your network of cooperatives. I am most happy that CIDA, through its partnership with the Canadian Cooperatives Association (CCA), has played a role in your outstanding achievements.
I wish you continued success in all your development efforts.
(SGD.) CLAUDE LATULIPPE
Canadian Development Program Director
Canadian Co-operative Association
Metro Manila, Philippines
March 3, 1992
- Please accept the sincere congratulations of CCA to VICTO for receiving the recent Development Management Award 1991 from the Annual Management Awards Program. It is a great honour to VICTO as a representative of the Philippine cooperative movement to achieve this recognition.
- When I noted the "distinguished company" in which VICTO found itself in receiving the award, it reinforced the belief that we all share that cooperative enterprises are indeed a legitimate and competitive commercial alternative. As cooperators, we all too frequently dwell on the short-comings of our enterprises. It certainly must feel good to take a well-deserved bow on center stage.
- As every manager knows, success never comes from solitary effort, but as a result of dedicated teamwork. As much as this is a "management" award, it is also a recognition of the work of the whole VICTO team. Please pass along our best wishes to all of your staff on this achievement.
(SGD.) MICHAEL CASEY
Republic of the Philippines
Province of Cebu
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR